PRSA has offered SMPS members the opportunity to join in this workshop at member pricing.
Perfect Pitching Boot Camp: Winning Over Journalists and Bloggers in the New Media Relations Landscape
Join PRSA’s Alaska Chapter and media pitching coach Michael Smart as he presents his most popular workshop, designed to help PR pros achieve superior results in today’s quickly changing media landscape. Michael is a world-renowned media relations expert, whose seminars regularly sell out across the country.
Here are a few of the things you will discover during this full-day event:
- The anatomy of a perfect pitch and the three core components you must have to succeed.
- How to open your eyes to the full spectrum of third-party influencers (there are eight different types), that represent BIG opportunities – you’re likely overlooking at least three of them.
- How to conduct “audience intelligence” using a suite of online tools designed to show you which channels and outlets are most important (and trusted!) by the people you are trying to reach.
- How to get noticed without annoying anyone. You’ll get a step-by-step process for getting on the radar of journalists and influencers and starting relationships the SMART way.
- The counterintuitive way for using social media to BUILD relationships. Most PR pros attempts at doing this cause more harm than good!
- Real-world, “from the trenches” examples of how PR pros have put this unique approach to relationship building to work to get responses and even meetings with journalists at outlets like the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, and top bloggers in their niches.
While average PR pros are finding it more difficult to get emails opened and to earn attention from journalists and influencers, this full-day event will put you on a path towards creating superior results in PR with far less work.
If you aren’t experiencing the success you want with your pitching and network of contacts, register today!
The 2017-2018 SMPS Alaska year is coming to an end, and we have a lot to celebrate—not the least of which is YOU!
Our members are what make our chapter successful, and this is our way of saying “Thanks!” All SMPS members and this year’s event guests/speakers are invited to help the board close out the year with appetizers, drinks, prizes, and awards recognition.
Branding and the Public Perception of Design
- Spenard Road – Anne Brooks, Brooks & Associates and Jennifer Noffke, Municipality of Anchorage
- Graphic Design for Public Clients – Summer Hudson, HDR
- Branding a Building Campaign – Julia Suver, ANTHC
Come join us to learn how you can take branding into your next project and client relationships.
SMPS Alaska Chapterprograms@smpsalaska.org
King Street Brewery Tour & Tasting
September Market Share: Coffee Meet Up
A New SMPS Year – How Rebranding Creates a Positive Change
Join us as we kick off this free members-only event! Every last Thursday of the month, SMPS Alaska members will meet to sip coffee and discuss a wide-range of topics. This month, we will kick off the New SMPS Year talking about How Rebranding Creates a Positive Change for and within our firms.
Time Management: Where Did the Time Go?
Managing our time is different than managing our workloads; however, time and workload impact each other. In this session, we will explore the impacts of not managing our time wisely, analyze how we spend our time, learn to ask for help, the power of NO, and discuss how to implement better time management practices in our lives.
Presenter: Cheryl Jemar | Cheryl has been an SMPS member for nine years and has held various positions within the organization. She is the Stantec Marketing Team Lead for Alaska pursuits, and has been in the AEC industry for 14 years. Cheryl and her husband raised four children while each juggling two jobs. They are now enjoying their empty nest by spending time with the grandchildren whenever possible.
As a young state with a northern climate, Alaska’s infrastructure is constantly growing and changing, offering consistent work opportunities for the AEC industry. Climate change, declining state funding, and changing cargo markets are reshaping big infrastructure. Come hear from industry decision-makers about how these trends are shaping the future work opportunities and what consultants can do to be responsive. Confirmed panelist include:
- Todd Cowles, PE | Port of Alaska
- Brian Lindamood, PE | Alaska Railroad Corporation
- John Johansen, PE | Anchorage International Airport
- Aldone Graham | U.S. Army Corps of Engineers
THANK YOU TO OUR EVENT SPONSOR
Collaborative Project Deliveries: The Rising Popularity For Clients
Join us for this free members-only event! Every last Thursday of the month, SMPS Alaska members will meet to sip coffee and discuss a wide-range of topics. This informal meeting is a way to network with an intimate group and talk about the latest marketing and economic trends. This month we will be talking about collaborative project delivery methods, and how they are gaining more and more traction in the A/E/C industry. Learn from other market professionals on how they go about teaming with a larger project team.
November MIX Session
Growing Your Career & Your Team
How to Leverage Your Marketing Skills to Become a Leader in Your Firm
Marketing roles at A/E/C firms tend to attract people with ambitious, type-A personalities who are looking to grow their career. But how do you grow your career at an A/E/C firm that doesn’t have a specific career path for marketing professionals? How do you increase your value to your firm while maintaining your day-to-day responsibilities? How do you become a leader when you’re a marketing team of one? This presentation will discuss practical ways for marketers to grow as leaders in their firms through simple, real-world strategies that work.
Presenter: Skip Bourgeois | Coffman Engineers
Skip is a failed graphic designer turned marketer who has served in various marketing and leadership roles working with architects, engineers and contractors. As Vice President of Marketing at Coffman Engineers, Skip works with members of the Coffman marketing team to help them grow as professionals and leaders. He is a past president of SMPS Alaska Chapter and a former member of several SMPS Society committees.