PROGRAM BONUS: Our presenter has generously offered to give away the raw format of the presentation and handouts to our attendees along with permission to then give the presentation to their firms. This is a great opportunity for marketing and business development professionals to attend this program in a train the trainer capacity to take it back and add value to your firms.
Clients want to work with people they know, like and trust. The role of business development is to create long-term value for your firm through relationships. The best business development people are well-connected, understand how to position themselves and their firm, can disseminate their unique value proposition, and most importantly can navigate client and partner relationships to build the trust essential to winning work. Business Development is the responsibility of everyone in the firm. But how can you be a business developer when you are 100% billable? How can you be a business developer when you are managing projects from behind the desk? This presentation will cover a wide range of simple ideas to great techniques that will create micro-habits for maximizing relationships, all from behind your desk.
- Learn techniques for developing client relationships from behind the desk.
- Discover methods project managers can utilize to enhance business development throughout the project process.
- Learn ideas for creating micro-habits for relationship enhancement.
As CEO of Ignite Coaching & Consulting, Jen Newman, CPSM uses her 20 years of AEC-specific experience to help firms across North America grow their people and profits. Whether you struggle with strategy, process, or training, or you lack the bandwidth to carry out your action plans, Jen can help. She has developed a reputation for helping firms improve processes, create better leaders, and develop winning strategies that lead to successful firm growth through individualized recommendations, programs and services. Jen focuses on creating positive experiences for both your clients and employees, resulting in increased brand loyalty externally and internally. All along the way, she makes the process fun. To Jen, there is no greater satisfaction than helping others achieve their goals.
Jen is available for management, marketing, and business development consulting and coaching services while in Alaska. To find out more about her services visit her website at http://ignitecoachconsult.com/ or contact Jen at firstname.lastname@example.org.
PRSA has offered SMPS members the opportunity to join in this workshop at member pricing.
Perfect Pitching Boot Camp: Winning Over Journalists and Bloggers in the New Media Relations Landscape
Join PRSA’s Alaska Chapter and media pitching coach Michael Smart as he presents his most popular workshop, designed to help PR pros achieve superior results in today’s quickly changing media landscape. Michael is a world-renowned media relations expert, whose seminars regularly sell out across the country.
Here are a few of the things you will discover during this full-day event:
- The anatomy of a perfect pitch and the three core components you must have to succeed.
- How to open your eyes to the full spectrum of third-party influencers (there are eight different types), that represent BIG opportunities – you’re likely overlooking at least three of them.
- How to conduct “audience intelligence” using a suite of online tools designed to show you which channels and outlets are most important (and trusted!) by the people you are trying to reach.
- How to get noticed without annoying anyone. You’ll get a step-by-step process for getting on the radar of journalists and influencers and starting relationships the SMART way.
- The counterintuitive way for using social media to BUILD relationships. Most PR pros attempts at doing this cause more harm than good!
- Real-world, “from the trenches” examples of how PR pros have put this unique approach to relationship building to work to get responses and even meetings with journalists at outlets like the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, and top bloggers in their niches.
While average PR pros are finding it more difficult to get emails opened and to earn attention from journalists and influencers, this full-day event will put you on a path towards creating superior results in PR with far less work.
If you aren’t experiencing the success you want with your pitching and network of contacts, register today!