Denali Center II
3120 Denali St, Anchorage, AK 99503
SMPS ALASKA CHAPTER
Webinar: Confessions of a Content Whisperer
Didn’t make it to PRC 2018? Want to hear from the most talked-about speaker from this conference? Join us for a webinar and learn how to crack the code to extracting data from your technical team.
Marketers constantly juggle proposals, presentations, external marketing campaigns, and whatever else their team throws at them. However, in the A/E/C industries, marketers need our technical experts for input to get these tasks done.
In a world of continuous proposals and other materials, marketers don’t have time to beg for content, and they shouldn’t have to. There hasn’t been much insight into how to actually get that content from a technical team … until now. If you’ve heard, “I’m too busy,” “I don’t know what to write about” or “Why can’t you do it?” when asking for content from your technical team, our November webinar is for you.
This extraction (sometimes referred to as pulling teeth) has easily become one of marketing’s toughest challenges. This session equips you with tools to get content from your technical team that will help complete proposals, project data sheets, blogs, case studies, papers, and other content marketing pieces. We’ll discuss how to gain leadership buy-in, by working with specific internal personas and five methods marketers can use to extract quality content.
Session Learning Objectives
During this webinar, participants will learn how to:
- Identify what your team needs to know before contributing content
- Identify several subject matter expert (SME) personas and their motivations
- Outline five methods to extract content from your technical team
Hear valuable insights plus tips and recommendations for improving writing and presentation skills. Examples will include proposal and presentation successes and failures. “Little Piggy Proposals,” “The Cram,” and “Death by PowerPoint” are all covered with insight and humor to drive home the point that proposals and presentations need to be about the client, not the presenter.
During this webinar, attendees will:
- Better understand the selection process
- Learn what selection committees typically look for
- Discover what can influence the selection of professional services firms
- Explore how to write better proposals that will get noticed
- Learn techniques for more effective presentation