POSITION: Proposal Manager/Senior Marketing
FIRM BIO: Have you wanted to work for a firm that has a diverse group of talent in unique cultural environments with opportunity to contribute to company growth and to help develop a team? We have the perfect place for you. RIM has an open door for a talented Proposal Manager/Senior Marketing Coordinator to work in either Anchorage, AK, San Francisco or Tustin, CA office. Every workday will be a new and exciting opportunity…our marketing department is involved in a variety of project types and geographic regions.
RIM has five locations from Alaska to Guam, across the Pacific and California West Coast. Our ability to deliver excellent design starts with excellent people, in every department, committed to superior performance and professional growth. We like to have fun while we work, contribute to our communities, and nurture a workplace providing opportunity, inclusion, and challenge.
LOCATION: Anchorage, AK, San Francisco or Tustin, CA
POSITION DESCRIPTION: The Proposal Manager/Senior Marketing Coordinator position is an integral position primarily responsible for managing all aspects of proposal creation and production for all RIM locations in support of winning new work. This position reports to the VP of Marketing and requires a high level of facilitation and collaboration with senior leadership. The successful candidate will be a talented and self-assured proposal manager who is organized and enjoys working with multiple locations in diverse time zones. A positive and cheery disposition will fit right in with the team at RIM.
- Ability to work legally in the United States without restrictions
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing or Communications preferred, with minimum 5 years proposal experience; or 7+ years of comparable experience with proposal writing
- Experience in the A/E/C industry highly preferred
- Proficiency with Adobe CC and MS 365 required; knowledge of Deltek, Salesforce or another CRM a plus
- Team mindset; ability to direct, mentor, and inspire proposal team
- Skill set to manage all aspects of the proposal process for multiple office locations utilizing team members across multiple time zones
- Proactive, organized self-starter who demonstrates flexibility, dependability and maintains composure under pressure
- Ability to professionally interact and collaborate with senior leadership, subconsultants, clients
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including proficiency in grammar, punctuation and spelling
- Proven ability to prioritize tasks, for self and team members, and work efficiently managing multiple deadlines
- Ability to strategize and collaborate to tell the RIM story while following strict requirements of RFPs
- Manage the process for creating excellent proposals and presentations
- Provide inspiration and direction working with proposal writing team
- Ensure quality control of proposals and presentation materials
- Actively participate in Go/No Go and Work Plan meetings for proposals for all RIM locations
- Manage the process for data collection/filing required for resumes, project details and narratives
- Utilize administrative and technical staff to collect information for proposal requirements
- Review and edit proposals and presentations to assure accurate and stellar content
- Utilize Salesforce for pursuit and client maintenance
- Provide guidance with project interview preparation
- Assure post-proposal debriefs are completed
- Collaborate with VP Marketing on other marketing communications/initiatives; website, social media, collateral, and internal and external communications, etc.
This Job Description is not intended to provide detailed description of the multitude of tasks that may be assigned. Its purpose is to give the employee a general sense of expectations and responsibilities of this position. As the nature of business demands change, the essential functions of this position may also change.