POSITION: Proposal Manager
Join a team of people who make it happen! DOWL is on the lookout for a motivated proposal manager. This full-time position is responsible for working with engineering, environmental, and planning project managers to set goals, plan for upcoming project opportunities, and develop qualifications-based proposals for exciting projects in the various communities where we do business.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Help identify upcoming projects on which DOWL may be competitive and guides practice area leaders and project managers in positioning the firm to win.
- Oversee and manage go/no-go decisions and assist with strategy for qualifications-based proposals.
- Oversee, coordinate, provide Quality Assurance/Quality Control, edit, and/or produce qualifications-based proposals.
- Assist the Marketing Manager with tracking leads, opportunities, and RFPs and disseminating them to identified technical staff, as needed.
- Conduct proposal debriefs and apply lessons learned.
- Maintain data in the Client Relationship Module of Deltek Vision including: project photography, project descriptions, awards, employee qualifications data, and resume information.
- Represent the company at industry events, as needed.
- Lead or provide assistance with business development efforts, as needed.
- Assist or lead involvement in community organizations and events, as needed.
- Maintain/produce marketing materials not in direct connection to an existing Request for Proposals or the Vision database, including marketing brochures, Statements of Qualifications, cut-sheets, etc.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Essential Administrative Duties:
- Organize and plan office events.
- Perform database entry.
- Write and/or prepare fee-based letter proposals, as needed.
- Manages select marketing employees depending on location.
- Assign qualifications-based proposals to marketing staff.
- Provide mentorship, guidance, and QA/QC to marketing coordinators and assistant staff regarding qualifications-based proposals and/or other marketing collateral production.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the firm’s policies and applicable laws and is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of this unit. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Education and/or Experience:
Baccalaureate degree from four-year college or university and two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Must have a valid driver’s license and a good driving record.
- Must be 18 years of age or older to be covered by the Alaska National Insurance Company.
Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write proposals, qualification packages, reports, and business correspondence. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, and the general public.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Must be able to use Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint and have knowledge of graphics software.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have the ability to type accurately at a reasonable pace (not less than 40 words per minute).
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to create and interpret graphs/charts.
DOWL is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Minority, female, veteran, and disabled candidates are encouraged to apply.
Our company THRIVES ON DIFFERENCES! All we ask is that our employees and applicants continue to learn how to work better together. We believe in adjustment first, accommodation always. We believe that people come to work every day with positive intent.
Applications accepted online only at company careers webpage –https://www.dowl.com/Join-Our-Team