POSITION: Procurement Specialist III (25-0609)
FIRM: State of Alaska, Department of Transportation & Public Facilities
FIRM BIO: Read more here.
POSITION DESCRIPTION: The incumbent will serve as a lead level Procurement Specialist in the Professional Services Agreement (PSA) Unit. In this capacity, and under the general direction of the PSA Unit Supervisor, the incumbent will assign work to the Procurement Specialist I and the Procurement Specialist II in the Unit based on complexity and difficulty, monitor progress, check for accuracy and thoroughness, and provide guidance as required. The most difficult assignments are reserved the Procurement Specialist III or referred to the PSA Unit Supervisor.
The Contracts Section is responsible for advertising and awarding construction contracts and Professional Services Agreements (PSAs) ranging from small procurements to large dollar contracts.
This position creates, reviews and evaluates documents supporting Professional Service Agreements for Central Region DOT&PF. The PSAs are generally for construction-related professional services in support of design and construction administration for highways, aviation and facilities modes for Central Region DOT&PF, which includes Ted Stevens Anchorage International Airport (ANC). Work includes solicitations, addenda, contract development and contract amendments.
The incumbent is required to work with diverse customers, both internal and external, in a professional and courteous demeanor. The incumbent must possess attributes such as strong analytical and judgment skills for reviewing documents to assure that they conform to various guidelines and legal requirements. The incumbent must be skilled in MS Word, MS Excel, Internet and email, and have an employment record that shows work stability, dependability and punctuality.
This position is interesting and challenging with an available career path. The working environment is pleasant and busy.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- One year of experience with procurement and administration of Professional Services Agreements (PSAs) for architectural and engineering design and professional land surveying services.
- At least one year of demonstrated experience as a lead level employee which included assigning work, reviewing work, and providing guidance to lower level employees.
- Experience working with engineers and technical personnel in preparing and reviewing construction-related statements of services for PSAs.
- Ability to work with both internal and external diverse customers in a professional and courteous demeanor at all times.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Work history showing stability, dependability and punctuality.
- Knowledge and experience with financial matters related to PSAs including methods of compensation and development of compensation terms and forms.
- Attributes such as strong analytical and judgment skills.
- At least two years of experience performing detailed work that requires accuracy.
- At least one year of experience working in a fast-paced environment with multiple ongoing projects.
- A work history that demonstrates at least one year of experience using MS Word, Excel, Internal Explorer and email applications and is at a proficient level.
One year of professional procurement experience requiring contact with program experts to develop solicitations, product specifications or a scope of work for professional services equivalent to Procurement Specialist II or Contracting Officer II with the State of Alaska.
CONTACT: Kathleen Bridenbaugh